Commission a portrait of your pet, or pets, draw by hand in watercolour pencils onto watercolour paper.
Commission a genuine original Martin Balmer drawing.
Capture a moment, memories and the character of your special companion, in the fluid and vibrant style of my watercolour pencil drawings, with a pet portrait.
I create traditional hand-drawn watercolour pencil drawing pet portraits using reference photographs.
With water-soluble pencils I can mix the best of both watercolour painting and coloured pencil drawing. These help to create the vibrancy and motion of a painting whilst complementing the intricate fine lines of a pencil drawing. Watercolour drawings literally painted with pencils.
Why not have a look at my artwork on this web site for the style that I create.
- My portrait service is currently available within the UK only.
I can draw any animal, including dogs, cats, parrots, budgies, hamsters, guinea pigs, horses, fish, reptiles such as lizards and snakes, and even spiders. In fact, anything fur, feathers, scales or skin. Or a combination thereof.
The portrait will be hand-drawn onto a single sheet of watercolour paper
- 30.5cm x 22.9cm / 12″ x 9″ inches.
Whether the artwork is portrait (tall) or landscape (wide) will depend on the subject and how he or she best fits onto the paper. You can of course express a preference.
What Do You Get?
You will receive the actual original one-of-a-kind hand-drawn watercolour pencil drawing.
The drawing is provided as is, not framed and not mounted. It is ready for you to place inside your own frame.
It is packaged securely and not folded and not rolled. UK commissions are sent Royal Mail Special Delivery.
What Do You Need to Supply?
You will need to send me:
- Photographs. The clearer the better. If you can provide different angles and views that also helps.
- Breed, for dogs, cats, horses, or species for other animals. Doesn’t have to be too scientific, just confirm what I can see in the photograph, and how you would like your animal referred too.
- Your pet’s name.
- Optionally, your pet’s character traits, or memories and stories you feel may be useful guidance for me. There may be something you want to recreate within the artwork.
How Long Will It Take?
Once I have all of your information, and your confirmed order, I aim to draw the portrait within 3 to 4 weeks.
Order A Pet Portrait
Some Legal Stuff
With this purchase of a pet portrait you will receive the original watercolour pencil drawing. To be clear, not a print but the actual original drawing. Please note that reprint rights and copyright remain with me, the artist. This commission is for non-commercial personal use only.
- You can display this drawing in your home or in a commercial premises.
- You can print the artwork on a greeting card that you send to friends, family, customers or clients for free. You cannot use the artwork on any item that you charge for or only include or make available with a paid-for item or service. The artwork face must be free from commercial and advertising slogans and political messages.
- Without permission the artwork cannot be copied or distributed for any commercial purpose or if a charge is made.
- The artwork cannot be incorporated in or act as a logo, trademark or identifying symbol.
These rules apply to artwork that you have commissioned from me. Different rules to apply to other products, prints and digital downloads.